Principal Medical Writer - Patient Engagement, Oxford
As a result of continued growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior or Principal Medical Writer with experience in communicating to patient communities to join us in Oxford.
As a Principal Medical Writer, or Communications Consultant (as you will be known internally), you will have responsibility for developing strong and trusting client relationships and producing scientific content of the highest standard to fulfil the client’s needs. Our Patient Engagement team is focused on translating complex science and making it accessible to the general public, so this is a great team to join if you want a little more licence for creativity in your medical writing.
We are looking for a talented Medical Writer who has:
- a PhD or equivalent experience, preferably in a life science
- strong experience of medical writing and/or creating communications for a patient audience
- good knowledge of GPP3 and ICMJE guidelines and recommendations
- good knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice
- a passion for communicating science.
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial.
- Post-doctoral research experience.
- Experience of costings, including complex, multi-component costings for new project types and production hours.
- Experience within a clinical trial setting.
About Oxford PharmaGenesis
Oxford PharmaGenesis is an award-winning, independently owned HealthScience communications consultancy where you will work with some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Providing communications services to over 50 healthcare organizations, we have more than 300 employees in a variety of locations around the world.
You will join a team of passionate and experienced individuals based in our office in Oxford. This role offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, exceptional learning opportunities and a progressive approach to career development.
We pride ourselves on the diversity of our workforce, which is crucial to our continued success. We are also a socially responsible company committed to offering matched charitable fundraising, and to supporting medical and healthcare-related charities.
If you are looking for a new role with the opportunity to make a difference, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team, sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.