Senior Data Scientist (HealthScience Informatics) , UK
As a result of continued growth and development of new services for our clients, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced data scientist to join our new HealthScience Informatics Team. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will take the lead with the informatics component of several high-profile projects for some of the world’s most innovative pharmaceutical companies. You will work closely with a small team of medical research and communications experts and collaborate with our industry-leading Digital Team. This is an opportunity to help to shape the future of healthcare.
Core expertise that we are looking for includes:
- professional proficiency in Python and/or R using libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, Bokeh, Plotly, Tidyverse and esquisse
- excellent skills in data wrangling, database design, database management (SQL and NoSQL) and Bash scripting
- proficiency in working with large files in multiple formats including, JSON and CSV
- an advanced understanding of natural language processing, including semantic analysis, topic modelling, part of speech tagging, stemming/lemmatization, synonym detection, linear regression, deep learning, evaluation of model accuracy and error quantification
- experience of natural language processing using libraries such as NLTK, CoreNLP, spaCy, SnowballC and Topic models
Desirable skills include:
- a broad knowledge of machine learning techniques such as Naïve Bayes, random forest, decision trees, gradient boosting, support-vector machines, K-means clustering, K-nearest neighbors and principal component analysis
- familiarity with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras and scikit-learn
- understanding of graph databases.
We are looking for a talented individual who has a demonstrable ability to develop production-ready solutions, has an interest in healthcare, enjoys working collaboratively in a small team, and who will actively contribute to our supportive culture as we continue to grow our team. The position is based in the UK, at one of our offices in Oxford, London, Cambridge and Cardiff. Remote working is also a possibility. We can offer flexible working and a full-time or part-time post.
About Oxford PharmaGenesis
Oxford PharmaGenesis is an award-winning, independently owned HealthScience communications consultancy where you will work with some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Providing communications services to over 50 healthcare organizations, we have more than 300 employees in a variety of locations around the world.
This role offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package, exceptional learning opportunities and a progressive approach to career development.
We pride ourselves on the diversity of our workforce, which is crucial to our continued success. We are also a socially responsible company committed to offering matched charitable fundraising, and to supporting medical and healthcare-related charities.
If you are looking for a new role with the opportunity to make a difference, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.